Has this COVID-19 lockdown period forced you to work from home?
Due to the spread of COVID-19, ranging from big companies like Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Hitachi, Apple, Salesforce, and many small companies have adopted the policy of work from home across the world.
With the rapid spread of this epidemic around the world, it has now become certain that for the next few weeks many of us will have to keep working from home. Several employees are working from home for the first time, and it is extremely difficult for them to maintain their productivity in this new environment.
Finding ways to stay enthusiastic while working in this pandemic?
Here are the best 6 tips that’ll help you to work from home more efficiently and productively:-
WFH Tip 1: Prepare a schedule
- As you are working from home, most probably you have a different schedule from your daily routine.
- To work more effectively, prepare a schedule first and divide your time for office work and other home activities.
- To maintain the work-life balance at home it is necessary to have clear guidelines regarding when to start and call it off.
- Waking up on time, having meals on normal time, and getting dressed up guides your brain and body to maintain your work-life balance.
- Sticking to a particular schedule or routine increases productivity, therefore make sure to follow the schedule sincerely.
WFH Tip 2:-Proper Office Set-up at home
- Google “Remote workers life” and you will see the images or people working next to a pool, under a bright sun, with fresh booze and juices. Well, that’s not true at all. Productive work requires a proper office set up so that you can feel comfortable even working for hours.
- It’s tempting to stay at bed and work, but it doesn’t feel cool and comfortable when you start working regularly at home.
- A working laptop with a comfortable chair and stable internet connection is the most preferable environment for the people who are working from home.
- Each and every person has their own preference when it comes to ideal setup, so while adapting yourself with remote work you’ll get an idea what you want for your office set up at home.
WFH Tip 3:- Keep communicating with Colleagues
- Make sure to maintain communication with your team leader and other colleagues to avoid feeling isolated while working at home.
- Make sure to talk to your superior at least once a day on a 10-minute call and also inspire other colleagues.
- Share your work status with your superior so that they get to know that you’re working sincerely even from home.
- Instead of sending an email, try making calls or video calls with your colleagues for regular questions.
- Regular performance analysis can also be helpful in the communication process.
WFH Tip 4:- Create Work Triggers for your Brain
- Getting distracted is the biggest challenge when you work from home. To keep your brains in the right mode avoid doing non-work tasks during your work time.
- For example, schedule a separate time to do laundry, avoid cooking a meal or doing the dishes in your break. Breaks are meant to relax your mind. Set aside separate time for exercise, watching the news- as that’s the biggest distraction.
- Remind yourself would you do these things on a normal working day, so why do it while working from home?
WFH Tip 5:- Take Breaks
- Working from home doesn’t mean you have to stick yourself with the computer screen and phone, give yourself adequate time (10-15 mins), and walk away from the screen.
- Short breaks are important for mental health as well as physical health balance.
- While working at the office, a break comes in the form of visiting the coffee machine for a few minutes or having a casual conversation with colleagues.
- In WFH, you can set up the alarm for short breaks for grabbing a drink of water, coffee, meal, home chores or to take a walk.
WFH Tip 6:- Stay healthy and don’t forget “Me Time”
- One of the most important tips is to take care of your mental and physical health.
- Perform mental and physical activities like yoga and meditation regularly.
- During work from home, try something new and set aside time for yourself.
- Once you start working from home, you easily fall in the trap of working all the time, in order to maintain your health try to involve yourself in other activities too.
Working from home seems easy and enjoyable in the beginning; however, a lot of people face problems in remaining productive while working from home over a long time.
Whether you are working for the first time from home or you’ve been working like this for years, the above-mentioned tips will help you to work productively and efficiently at home. Share these tips with your colleagues and friends, and let’s make this time more enjoyable.
Let us know in comments, How’s your work from Home has been?